Brooklyn Art Studios and Yashar Gallery

Brooklyn Art Studios and Yashar Gallery
Brooklyn Art Studios is a complex of artist spaces in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, housing a growing ensemble of professional artists, designers, artisans + creatives. Our onsite exhibition space, Yashar Gallery, exclusively features the work of our artists in rotating monthly shows. We also host seasonal Open Studio events.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Dana Vindigni at Yashar Gallery through March 25


Most of the time it is rare for me to remember what I dream. I think my dreams are simply constructs of what I have experienced in my daily life without the filter of my conscious mind. A filter made of repressed emotion, judgment and societal scrutiny. Illustration is my personal key to unlocking and investigating this wonderful part of my mind. Columella is a presentation of works that depict some of the imagery I have recollected over the years, floating in my psyche. Each piece carries a unique message and it is my hope that the work establishes an emotional connection the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment